Other than automating and streamlining event management processes, does Event Planning Software in any way assist marketing managers to measure and report on their corporate marketing events’ ROI and ROO? We would sayyes.
Online Event Planning Software can be coupled with a combination of event measurement tools to determine the overall success of your corporate marketing event
In one of their blogs, Special Events provides a list of ten event measurement tools that Marketing Managers can use to measure their corporate marketing events’ direct ROI and ROO. The blog’s author, Jim Cavanaugh, believes that these tools are most effective when used in combination.
These tools are:
- The number of responses you get from attendees to your event invitation
- The number of new client leads that you generate through the event
- The ongoing commitment levels that you experience from your clients after the event
- The total number of guests who attended your event
- The revenue (if any) that you generated through the event
- The results from event surveys that you conduct both before and after your event
- The quality of attendees (customers and prospects) at your event
- The response that you receive from management after the event
- The sales growth (if any) that you can attribute to your event
Many online Event Planning Software solutions have been designed with these metrics in mind and make this information readily available for analysis. The RSVP Agency’s Event Management Software, for example, provides event organisers with access to an online dashboard, which reports real-time data that can then be used for effective event planning.
The following are some of the key features of Event Planning Software that help with the measurement of an event’s ROO and ROI:
- Automated and live reporting, using data pulled from guest’s online invitation responses, provides marketing managers with real-time reports on the number of guests who plan to attend an event and those who still need to respond, while on-site event registration tools help to track on-the-day guest attendance.
- Event Planning Software also allows for the setup of multiple guest lists, which enables customised communication with company employees, the media, VIPs, VVIPs and other types of guests. This means that you can track attendance responses according to guest types (which allows for more accurate reporting) and you can more easily measure if your event marketing activities have attracted the right audience.
- The RSVP Agency’s Event Planning Software includes a forward invitation feature, which is an effective means to expand your existing client base and to market your brand and event. Here invited guests can send an invitation to other potentially interested parties from their own outboxes. The software system’s back-end tracks the initial referral contact so that you don’t lose touch with invitations and guest numbers. Marketing managers can use this feature to measure the effectiveness of more organic, ‘word-of-mouth’ approaches to their event invitations.
- Event invitation responses can entail more than just clicking on a simple ‘accept’ or ‘decline’ button in an email invitation. Many online invitation response forms ask for additional information from their guests – including their dietary preferences, the workshops/sessions they will be attending (if any), their accommodation requirements and the likes. Event organisers can use this feature to gather more general information from guests, using a survey-style approach. This can be followed up with post-event communication that also asks for feedback from guests about their event experiences.
It’s clear then that Event Planning Software doubles as an effective data gathering tool for feedback to managers about a corporate marketing event’s overall effectiveness and impact. Download our brochure for more information on The RSVP Agency’s email invitation software.
Image Credit: soireesbylori.com