Event management is a stressful game – in fact, careercast.com, a leading online career resource, listed event co-ordinating as the number six most stressful job of 2012. A major stress for event planners is time management – it’s hard to be cool and calm when you’re working hard to maintain a strict schedule – and satisfying different people’s demands.
Here are seven top tips for minimizing your stress when you are planning an event:
- Choose the right team to help you – no matter how capable they might be, avoid hysterical types who crumble under pressure. Rather opt for strong and steady talent who remain in control and focus on getting the job done.
- Don’t try to do everything yourself – break tasks down into manageable chunks and delegate to appropriate people.
- Make sure your team is working together – discourage politics and interpersonal conflicts by helping people remain focused on their particular tasks and aims, and that they know what is expected of them.
- Plan ahead and don’t leave everything to the last minute.
- Take care of your events team – do ensure that their physiological needs (food, water, and comfort breaks) are taken care of when working an event to avoid fatigue.
- Regularly touch base with your events team to ensure that everybody is on track and to trouble-shoot any problems .
- Use a professional online RSVP system to streamline the events management process.
How The RSVP Agency can help
The RSVP Agency have developed an online event registration and guest list management systemwhich manages all the complexities of your RSVP process from the online invitations to the onsite registration of guests as they arrive at your event. . The elements of this professional events management tool include:
A save-the-date notice ensures that your guests have your event scheduled into their diaries. The RSVP Agency offers engaging save-the-date designs that can integrate with local calendars using our “ical” functionality.
2. Invitation Design
The RSVP Agency provides a comprehensive design service to quickly and cost effectively design all of the required RSVP elements needed to run a professional RSVP project. You can choose from one of our email invitation designs or we will happily work with your appointed designers or agencies. We offer both invitation graphic design and copywriting to create professional-looking, aesthetically pleasing invitations that best suit your target audience.
3. Invitation Management
Our invitation management system allows you to detail the preferences of your invited guests and save your delegate responses during the invitation phase for later use. Our Database Cleaning provides extensive duplicate guest data checking which further simplifies the task of collating guest information. All guest details can be uploaded and downloaded to Microsoft Excel.
4. Email Confirmation
We focus on high email delivery rate to ensure your invite reaches your invited guests. We track email delivery and report the status of your invitations – who has accepted, who has declined, which emails have bounced, and who sent an out-of-office reply.
5. Aide Memoire
Jog memories and encourage attendance with automatic SMS reminders and by automatically adding your event to your invited guests’ calendars.
Live reporting on the RSVP Dashboard gives you a snapshot of events as they happen – including who’s attending, who isn’t and who is yet to respond – so that you know precisely where you stand at any given moment and can respond accordingly.
7. Call Downs
Late responses can cause havoc with event planning. This feature means our professional consultants call your guests, who have not yet responded, to follow up with their attendance status.
8. Name Tag Printing
Quickly and easily print name tags, lanyards, or other event accreditation for guests to wear at your event.
9. Onsite Registration and Hosting
No more clipboards and paper, and collating information later! Simply register guests at your event via our iPad application.
A user-friendly RSVP tool to save time
This events management tool is designed to be:
- Efficient – it’s email and web integrated
- Flexible – clients can choose options which best manage their own event
- User-friendly – taking the headache out of compiling and sending communications and gathering and collating information
- Supportive – with online training and continued support for licensed software users
- Reliable – it’s hosted on a secure, dedicated server infrastructure
- Up-to-date – with software upgrades every three to six months.